Project Name: Awebly
Client: Utshav Shresthan
Dates: Nov 2022 - May 2023
Project Manager: Rishikesh Karki
Awebly is a clone of Bitly, a URL-shortening service. Awebly allows users to shorten long URLs and create custom links. Awebly also provides analytics on link clicks and traffic.
The goals of this project were to:
- Create a URL-shortening service that is as user-friendly and feature-rich as Bitly.
- Offer a free plan to attract users and generate leads.
- Monetize the service through a premium plan that offers additional features.
The scope of this project included the following:
- Designing and developing a URL shortening service.
- Integrating the service with Google Analytics.
- Creating a marketing plan to promote the service.
The project deliverables included the following:
- A URL shortening service that is user-friendly and feature-rich.
- A free plan that allows users to shorten up to 100 URLs per month.
- A premium plan that offers additional features, such as analytics, custom domains, and password protection.
- A marketing plan that includes social media, email marketing, and paid advertising.
The project was a success. Awebly was launched on time and within budget. The service has been well-received by users and has generated a significant number of leads. Awebly has also generated revenue through the premium plan.
Project Lessons Learned:
The following lessons were learned during the course of this project:
- It is important to clearly understand the user's needs and goals before beginning a project.
- It is important to communicate regularly with the user throughout the course of a project.
- It is important to be flexible and adaptable during the course of a project.
- It is important to test the service thoroughly before launching it.
The following recommendations are made for future projects:
- It is recommended to create a project plan that outlines the goals, scope, and deliverables of the project.
- It is recommended to create a communication plan that outlines how the user and the project team will communicate with each other.
- It is recommended to create a risk management plan that identifies and mitigates potential risks to the project.
- It is recommended to create a testing plan that outlines how the service will be tested before launch.